Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Introduction to the class

My name is Nathaniel Scott (but I have always gone by Nat for some reason) and I am from Johnson City, Tennessee.  Before coming to school in Knoxville I lived in Johnson City all of my life where I attended Science Hill High School.  My license is going to be in Secondary English Education.  Teaching is something that I have always wanted to do, basically since I can remember.  I want to have an influence on young people, specifically at the High School age.  I just feel like high school is a time where young people start to find out who they are, and need positive influences in their lives.  I really got hooked on teaching though starting in High School when I worked at an after school mentoring program that allowed me to work with kids a lot.  I have also spent the last three years working at Austin East High School with the football team which has also spiked my interest in wanting to teach.  My area where I am getting my license is secondary English.  I do not know yet where I am interning, I am supposed to find out this semester sometime.  My main hobby is running, which I realize is kind of stupid sometimes.  I ran my first marathon last month in Memphis (I cramped at mile 16 and ran the last ten miles with a leg that kept cramping up).  I want to someday run the Boston Marathon.  Another main hobby of mine is coaching.  I haven’t decided yet if coaching is something I want to do when I teach, but I really love doing it.  Besides that I’m just a pretty normal college kid, I like going to sporting events and hanging out with friends, and going to Church and stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment