Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Learning Expectations for the Class

I kind of expect to learn a lot in this class.  My experience with technology so far in my life has been to use the easy stuff that I can understand, but to run away and hide from the harder stuff that might frustrate me.  I'm hoping that in this class I will learn to keep pushing when I do not understand something and try to figure it out.  Most of the time when I don't know what is going on with technology I just call my brother to help me out (he is a genius when it comes to technology) and if he can't help me I just wait until he can.  I know that we are just a couple of days into class, but so far I have really enjoyed it, which makes me cautiously optimistic for the rest of the semester.  I noticed in the syllabus that we will be doing some things that I have never tried before when it comes to technology, so we will see how that goes.  Also, as a future English teacher, I hope to learn ways to integrate technology into my classroom.  Technology was hardly ever used in my high school English classes, and basically never in college either, so I think it will be beneficial to learn ways to change that when I teach.  Just because a class is about literature does not mean that technology cannot be used in some way, in fact it could really help.  Hopefully I can learn to do some of that in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment