Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Inquiry Based Learning vs. WebQuests

There are obviously positives to both of these technologies in the classroom.  In many ways, I feel like WebQuests would be better for younger students and inquiry based learning better for older students.  Younger students are more prone to enjoy the way a WebQuest works, especially when they are cheesy and make you act like you are someone else.  For some reason I do not see High School seniors being all that crazy about WebQuests, they would not be into it as much.  A WebQuest often times takes a lot of imagination which is much stronger for younger people.  However high school students would probably thrive in the inquiry based learning because there is a set goal for it, and it is actually obvious what you are learning.  I still see ways that they can both be useful in my class.  When I want something a little more epic and to get the entire class involved I would probably do a WebQuest.  On the other hand inquiry based learning seems like it will be better when I want them to work as individuals and learn on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment