Monday, February 21, 2011

Twitter!

I absolutely love twitter.  Most of all I find it to be very entertaining (my twitter id is natkscott so follow me!).  I got a twitter basically because all of my friends did and they said it was fun, so I gave it a shot.  At first I found it to be kind of pointless.  Why did I care when my friends were bored with doing homework? But the more I used it the more I liked it.  It was especially useful over the summer when I was curious as to what my friends may be up to but actually did not want to go into an all out text conversation about it.  I also really like following certain celebrities, mainly Conan O'Brian and sports stars.  I think it is really interesting to see what they like to tweet about.  Some of them are really interesting and talk about behind the scenes stuff that is really cool, while others are kind of lame to follow.

I had never really thought of using Twitter in the classroom cause I was not sure how useful it would be.  One use would be for it to update students on homework and stuff everyday.  There could be a classroom twitter that I could control, and then tweet updates on homework and reminders everyday.  The students could then have it sent to their phone so they would be sure to get it.  How cool would that be?  Twitter is definitely something I will consider using in the classroom.  But not my own personal twitter account, I would create a classroom account.  I would not really want my students to know what I was doing all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment